Salary: See Position Description
POSTING DATE: 08/06/21
CLOSING DATE: 08/19/21
Salary: $31,000 - $51,000
Department: Pasco County Supervisor of Elections
Location: New Port Richey
General Description: Administrative coordination of a branch office and responsible specialized elections work in qualifying candidates, voter registration processes/procedures, early voting, vote-by-mail ballots, and answering public inquiries. Reports directly to the Director of Administrative Services.
Able and available to work extended hours and weekend hours as needed, with little or no advance notice.
To apply, please send your resume to [email protected]
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides assistance to public by answering inquiries of a complex nature and furnishing information pertinent to voter registration, elections and voting through knowledge of election laws, regulations and office procedures
- Prepares annual budget requests to meet branch office needs including adequate supplies and maintenance of office equipment
- Maintains spreadsheet of office supply inventory
- Oversees staff assigned to branch office and keeps them informed of updates or changes in office procedures, laws, or computer system
- Coordinates leave time requests for their staff with the Director of Administrative Services
- Trains employees assigned to branch office
- Responsible for checking mail and courier receptacles daily
- Responsible for election related notary services for the branch office. Responsible for maintaining active notary credentials
- Performs duties in one or all of the following as required
- Vote-by-Mail Ballot Coordination
- Responsible for secure maintenance of ballot supplies
- Responsible for ballot preparation and issuance for walk-in voters and trains staff accordingly
- Prepares voted ballots for secure transportation to the main office utilizing designated forms and procedures
- Processes mail ballot requests including ones made in-person, in writing, by telephone or electronic means
- Responsible for knowledge of current vote-by-mail procedures for office
- Candidate Coordination
- Advises candidates and political committees on election laws and procedures
- Oversees candidate qualifying for branch office
- Prepares candidate materials for handout including instructional power points, reporting credentials, PINs, and data retrieval
- Provides notary services as needed
- Oversees secure transport of candidate papers to main office
- Processes data requests as needed
- Early Voting Coordination
- Oversees staffing/scheduling at designated early voting sites by making replacements as needed
- Serves as voter services liaison with designated sites throughout early voting
- Maintains sufficient supplies to help designated sites as needed
- Receives daily return items from designated sites and prepares them for secure storage and transport to main office
- Assists in supply preparation at the Election Services Center when needed
- Voter Administration
- Assists with voter registration tasks
- Assists in answering the telephone and front counter reception as needed
- Assists with candidate/initiative petitions as needed
- Assists with voter education/outreach including scheduling of events, maintaining spreadsheet of information, recruitment of ambassadors/volunteers, supplies, etc.
- Assists with work rotations and oversees all work is being completed timely
Performs related work and other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Business English, spelling and arithmetic
- Knowledge of election laws and procedures
- Knowledge of county geographic and political districts as applicable to local and state elections
- Knowledge of the administrative and procedural regulations applicable to the Office of the Supervisor of Elections
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with laws and regulations and apply these to work problems
- Ability to meet and deal effectively with other employees and the general public
- Ability to acquire knowledge of the laws and regulations governing the electoral process
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of a staff of clerical employees
- Ability to operate standard computer and other office equipment
- Working knowledge of laptops/personal computers and software applications including word processing and spreadsheets
PHYSICAL SKILLS: Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited college with an Associate's Degree, to include course work in Business and 4 (four) years of experience as an elections specialist or equivalent elections clerical work. Comparable training or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a valid Florida's driver's license. Must be a registered voter in the state of Florida.
ADA STATEMENT: A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Pasco County BOCC is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida Law.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Under Section 295.07, F.S., Chapter SSA-7, Pasco County BCC provides to Veterans, that preference in appointment will be given to preference-eligible applicant